Process Of Getting Indian Medical Visa
- First off, patients (applicants) has to fill the Visa application here.
2. Fill up the details, make sure all information is correct and take a print out copy of the application.
3. Gather the required list of documents mentioned below.
4. Visit your nearest Indian embassy in your country. (You can find the list of Indian Embassies here.) (I recommend that you call up the Embassy and fix an apppointment.)
5. Submit your application (print out) with required documents as suggested by the Embassy and wait for few weeks. (Takes up to 3 weeks for approval)
6. Once you get your visa approved (usually by post if you opted for it, or at the Embassy), plan your travel. (Any major airports in India will accept you.)
7. On arrival in India, your visas will be stamped at the Airport (point of entry) and is valid for another one year (Visa status kicks in on the day of approval not on the day of arrival.)
Documents Required For Medical Visa To India
– Passport with 6 month validity
– Recent Passport size photographs
– Photo copy of passport
– Copy of online Visa application form
– Proof of Residential Address
– Recommendation from home country
doctor to visit particular specialized medical center for treatment
– Passport copy of attendant (for Attendant visas)
– Proof of relationship with attendant (for Attendant visas)
– Medical reports from your doctor/medical institution
How Long Are Medical Visas Issued And Can You Get Extensions?
Medical visas in India are issued for one year, or if you get cured early, then until then. Medical attendant visas are also valid for the same time. However, you can get an extension if you need more time for treatment. This can be applied online through the same process in India or at the Indian Embassy in your country.